Monday 31 March 2014

Images For Newspaper Print

For my Newspaper article I needed to find some images I had taken which would illustrate the story well. After doing some research into the films I had watched I had discovered that back in the old day they would actually use images of the deceased on the front cover of Newspapers as well as other images of the scene of the crime, this I found really interesting and wanted to do for my own tabloid print. When it came to choosing my own images for the front cover I wanted to have a picture of Jessica dead on the bed but I didn't want to use one of the images I already used in my digital piece and I wanted it to look as though it was taken by a journalist photographer rather than the idea of a film still image, for that reason I chose this image below as its a true depiction of what happened and I feel it looks as though it was taken by someone visiting the scene of the crime, I also picked the image below that for the reason it shows part of the scene which had happened. In my article I have spoken about both the scenes so they both seemed very fitting with the text I had created. For these images I added a slight tint to make them appear slightly older as well as adding some contrast and black and white filter so that they look darker and more contrast like in the image to fit the decade and genre better. I do like these images and with my final piece they work really well with the text and the whole composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them and I will get back to you when I can, Feel free to leave links I love finding new blogs to read