Monday 31 March 2014

Publication Article

To write my publication article for my Newpaper print, i looked up various newspaper articles on murder which wasn't particularly pleasant but I needed to find the right sort of language for my piece I was writing, however as  was only really able to find more recent articles say from the last 10 years the dialogue didn't quite match the decade in which I was writing for, so for this reason I kind of gave up on the more modern texts I found. I decided to go back to the films I had watched which used Newspaper articles and voice overs to extract the right style of speaking and text use for my work, I decided to focus more on again L.A. Confidential as there was a voice over from a journalist who write a Gossip style magazine, there were also screen grabs from newspapers which I could just about decipher to think up some sort of text to go along with my story, which would fit well with the theme.

I decided to go for a slightly more chatty and gossipy style mixing up a bit of controversy within my article so that it gives more information on film than the film gives itself, as my digital piece is open ended you don't really get the full story, but my idea with this was to open it up a little more and give its viewer a bit more insight into what was really going on in my digital or really how they perceived it, its really designed to make a guessing game and offer up different scenarios of what could have happened to my victim Jessica Knox and what was the reason for Jack Cohen my Detective for being in her apartment that night.

Below is the article piece I have written for my newspaper, with the language being taken from films and newspapers I have read in relation to my theme of crime and noir.

23year old Jessica Knox (pictured right) was found shot dead in her apartment in the early hours of yesterday morning. Detective come lover Jack Cohen, discovered her with a bullet wound to the chest, while presumably sleeping in her apartment alone. Her body has been moved to the county morgue where a post mortem will be held later today. But who would kill such an angelic damsel? Miss Knox was known for a few brush in’s with the law, being put down to simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time as per usual. It has been said that no force of entry was found on the apartment, predicting that Miss Knox knew her killer. Was it the seemingly innocent lover Jack Cohen? Had a lover’s feud gotten too much for the couple that he lashed out with devastating consequences?  After all no one knew the two we’re involved until last night. However having found her body and being seen snivelling at the scene of the crime is he to blame, were they tears of regret or tears of sadness for the loss of his lover in the bed? Through further questioning which took place through the night jack told fellow policemen that he entered the apartment to find a drunken bottle of whiskey on the kitchen table prior to hearing a mysterious noise in which he investigated to find poor Jessica Knox dead in her bed. Are there any clues as to who may have shot her? Only that it must have been someone she knew, knew enough to invite into her home… disturbance to the scene of the crime is known… there was a window open (later closed by jack) perhaps her killer climbed through the window and shot the unsuspecting damsel whilst she slept. Was the lady mixed up in business she shouldn’t have, as said before she was known to police as an associate to organised crime gangs running around in New York City. Now I wouldn’t want to jump to conclusions but something tells me she got herself caught up in something she shouldn’t. Running around with New York gangs dealing with drugs, prostitution and murder whilst sleeping with a Detective? Who is known for his mysterious ways of dealing with thugs, something doesn’t smell right to me. But again she was a beautiful woman she could have gotten herself caught up in something with another female, maybe this was an act of vengeance or jealousy. Who knows what secrets lay behind this devastating tale of love and murder? All we know is a young innocent female lost her life in a tragic attack against her, or perhaps against the mysterious Detective Cohen with a little corruption and mistrust thrown in for good measure this is a case to keep an eye one. All you need to know is I’ll get the details circling the case, you know where to come for an honest telling of the tales. For now may Jessica Knox Rest in Peace. And may her killer be found and put to justice.

I feel happy with what I have written I did do a few drafts of this and altered any text as I went and proof read my article I also got others to read the piece to give me their opinion on what I had written and whether it links well with my digital piece as I liked the idea of them being linked together in this way, I liked this idea because I thought it went well with the films I had watched and the general way the old tabloids and crime went in history, where there was crime there was an article about it and that still follows up today however I do feel the writing technique and style has dramatically changed in the years and I certainly have followed the more traditional abrupt route into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them and I will get back to you when I can, Feel free to leave links I love finding new blogs to read